May 1, 2017
09:00 AM Central Time
Meeting Admission Policy
All holders of Boeing shares as of the record date are encouraged to attend the annual meeting. In order to ensure the safety of all attendees, we have implemented the following security and admission policies.
- Eligible Attendees. Attendance is limited to registered and beneficial Boeing shareholders as of the record date and to one immediate family member accompanying each such shareholder.
- Admission Procedures. In order to be admitted to the meeting, you must present both an admission ticket and valid government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport. You must register on or prior to April 21, 2017 in order to obtain an admission ticket.
- Obtaining an Admission Ticket. In order to obtain an admission ticket, please access “Register for Meeting” at www.proxyvote.com and follow the instructions provided. If you do not have internet access, you can register by calling 1-844-318-0137. You will need the 16-digit voting control number found on your proxy card, email, notice of internet availability of proxy materials or voting instruction form. Seating at the annual meeting is limited, and requests for tickets will be processed in the order in which they are received. In any event, you must register on or prior to April 21, 2017 if you wish to attend the annual meeting.
- Additional Security Measures. Upon entering the meeting facility, you will be required to proceed through a security checkpoint. In addition, no cameras, recording equipment, electronic devices, large bags, briefcases, or packages will be permitted in the annual meeting.
The Field Museum, The James Simpson Theatre, 1400 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60605-2496. Please use the West entrance to the museum. Directions are included on the last full page of our proxy statement and are also available by telephone at 312-922-9410 or on The Field Museum's website at www.fieldmuseum.org.
- Elect the 13 directors named in the proxy statement;
- Approve, on an advisory basis, named executive officer compensation;
- Recommend the frequency of future advisory votes on named executive officer compensation;
- Ratify the appointment of our independent auditor for 2017; and
- Transact such other business, including certain shareholder proposals, as may properly come before the meeting and any postponement or adjournment thereof.
Holders of our common stock at the close of business on March 2, 2017 are entitled to vote at the annual meeting and any postponement or adjournment thereof.
Voting by Proxy
Your vote is important. Please vote by internet, telephone or mail as soon as possible to ensure your vote is recorded promptly whether or not you plan to attend the annual meeting.
Click below to vote your shares now:
Beneficial Shareholders If you own shares through a broker, bank or other holder of record, you must instruct the holder of record how to vote your shares. In order to provide voting instructions to the holder of record of your shares, please refer to the materials forwarded by your broker, bank or other holder of record. Many brokers provide the option of voting by internet at www.proxyvote.com, or by calling 1-800-454-8683. You will need your 16-digit voting control number, which can be found on the notice of internet availability of proxy materials, email or voting instruction form provided by your broker, bank or other holder of record. Proxies submitted by internet or telephone must be received by 10:59 p.m., Central Time, on Sunday, April 30, 2017. In order to vote in person at the meeting, beneficial shareholders must also bring legal proxies, which they can obtain only from their broker or bank. Please contact your broker or bank directly for specific information on how to obtain a legal proxy.
Registered Shareholders If you own shares that are registered in your name, you may vote by proxy before the annual meeting by internet at www.proxyvote.com, by calling l-800-690-6903 or by signing and returning your proxy card. To vote by internet or telephone, you will need your 16-digit voting control number, which can be found on your proxy card, email or notice of internet availability of proxy materials. Proxies submitted by internet or telephone must be received by 10:59 p.m., Central Time, on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
The Boeing Company Voluntary Investment Plan Participants If you have an interest in Boeing stock through participation in VIP, you do not have actual ownership of the shares held in the VIP (the “Plan Shares”). The Plan Shares are registered in the name of the trustee. As a VIP participant, you have been allocated interests in the plan shares and may instruct the trustee how to vote those interests by submitting a proxy by internet at www.proxyvote.com, or by calling 1-800- 690-6903 or by signing and returning your proxy card. To vote by internet or telephone, you will need your 16-digit voting control number, which can be found on your proxy card, email or notice of internet availability of proxy materials. However, you may not vote Plan Shares in person at the annual meeting. The number of shares of Boeing stock shown on your proxy card includes all shares registered in your name and all Plan Shares in which you have an interest. In order to allow sufficient time for the trustee to tabulate the vote of the Plan Shares, your proxy instructions must be received no later than 10:59 p.m., Central Time, on Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
Electronic Delivery of Future Meeting Materials
Beneficial Shareholders Many brokers and banks offer electronic delivery of proxy materials to their clients. For additional information, please contact your broker or bank.
Registered Shareholders. To save resources and reduce Boeing’s printing and mailing costs, you can elect to receive future proxy materials and other shareholder communications electronically at www.computershare.com/investor.
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for the Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on May 1, 2017: The Notice of 2017 Annual Meeting and Proxy Statement and the 2016 Annual Report are available at: www.proxyvote.com.
2017 Proxy Statement
2016 Annual Report